Polocini Cycling Event Rules and Guidelines.
If you have signed up for a Polocini event then you are over 18. Plus you are a cyclist and clearly superior in intelligence to most other people. However we do need to point out a few things.
- Once you are out on the road you are entirely responsible for your own safety just as you would be on any other cycle ride. You must ride in accordance with the Highway code and must not ride more than two abreast.
- ALL RIDERS MUST CARRY a form of identification showing their name, address and the contact details of a person to be advised in the event of an accident.
- The wearing of hard shell helmets conforming to CE standards EN1078 is mandatory for all riders at all times whilst on the course.
- We suggest riders carry food, drink, money, a mobile phone, spare inner tubes, a working pump, a basic tool kit and spare clothing sufficient to complete the ride being undertaken, taking into account the route and possible adverse weather conditions.
- Participants will be responsible for their own cycle which must be fully roadworthy.
- All of our Events are run to the British Cycling Non competitive guidelines which can be found HERE.
- All under 16's ride for free with a full paying adult. If you are riding with an under 16 please email email@example.com with details so we can add the rider to our entry list.
- All participants under the age of 18 must have had a consent form completed by their parent or guardian. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a form.
- Included in the entry fee is Third Party Insurance provided under the British Cycling scheme.
The main thing is to enjoy yourself. Without sounding like we are full of ourselves, we want a Polocini event to be about the community of cycling. It’s not a race, it’s a chance to enjoy a great route with like minded people, eat some decent grub and spend an entire day enjoying cycling.