Event Information and Rules
WE DO NOT SEND OUT A PRE RIDE BRIEFING EMAIL. ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED FOR YOUR POLOCINI EVENT CAN BE FOUND HERE.
BECAUSE WE HAVE OUR OWN VENUE THE INFORMATION IS THE SAME FOR ALL RIDES.
EVENT H.Q: Polocini, The Factory, Waterfoot, Rossendale. BB4 9HR.
REGISTRATION: Opens at 8:30 riders leave from 9:15am. You will receive a numberboard to attach to your cycle. Registration is a simple fast process. We even throw in some Haribo.
Riders will leave every two minutes in groups of up to twenty from 09:15. Because the event is organised to British Cycling rules we are not allowed to do a mass start.
FOOD: Included in the entry fee we have pre ride porridge/fruit/cereals, tea and coffee, a basic feedstation during the ride and then food at the finish. There's also a rumour going around that riders in Polocini jerseys get a free beer.
WINTER SPRINTER - Post ride food will be Pizza and Pasta.
FACILITIES: We have secure bike storage, toilets, changing rooms, bike wash and plenty of seating. We plan to add in showers and more as the year goes on.
PARKING: We are located on a industrial estate that has plenty of parking around the HQ.
There are also free public car parks just 0.6 miles away in Waterfoot and plenty of wide streets in the area. We ask everyone to use common sense and show respect to our neighbours and the event.
Often at events riders can be returning as others are leaving in cars and we want riders to be able to ride in and out of the venue without it being too busy.
SIGNAGE: Our signs are black arrows on a yellow back ground. These signs are on solid correx boards. There is an example of these at registration for you to view.
Our support bike goes out ahead of the ride to check all arrows are in place. Chances are that if you ring up saying you've got lost you’ll get laughed at. With arrows and GPS you really shouldn’t be going off course!
WE ONLY HAVE ONE TYPE OF ARROW. THERE IS NO REASON TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER ARROWS THAT YOU MAY SEE.
FEED STATIONS: The feed station can be found at the halfway point of the ride and is stocked with water, flapjacks, bananas and a few other snacks.
EMERGENCIES: Should you get into difficulties at the event please telephone the number that is printed on your numberboard. We will send out a vehicle to collect you only in case of emergency or mechanical failure. Not punctures or tired legs. In 2012 we did have a rider who had a heart attack and this is covered as an emergency. There is no need to panic whilst you are out riding and push too hard. There is plenty of top grub for everyone.
TOILETS (ON ROUTE): We will update this before each event.
WINTER SPRINTER - TBC
TIMING: Please note that we will not have a timing system at the event. We really do not like timed events. Just use STRAVA.
RULES: If you have signed up for a Polocini event then you are over 18. Plus you are a cyclist and clearly superior in intelligence to most other people. However we do need to point out a few things.
- Once you are out on the road you are entirely responsible for your own safety just as you would be on any other cycle ride. You must ride in accordance with the Highway code and must not ride more than two abreast.
- ALL RIDERS MUST CARRY a form of identification showing their name, address and the contact details of a person to be advised in the event of an accident.
- The wearing of hard shell helmets conforming to CE standards EN1078 is mandatory for all riders at all times whilst on the course.
- We suggest riders carry food, drink, money, a mobile phone, spare inner tubes, a working pump, a basic tool kit and spare clothing sufficient to complete the ride being undertaken, taking into account the route and possible adverse weather conditions.
- Participants will be responsible for their own cycle which must be fully roadworthy.
- All of our events are run to the British Cycling Non competitive guidelines which can be found HERE.
- All under 16's ride for free with a full paying adult. If you are riding with an under 16 please email email@example.com with details so we can add the rider to our entry list.
- All participants under the age of 16 must have had a consent form completed by their parent or guardian. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a form.
- Included in the entry fee is Third Party Insurance provided under the British Cycling scheme.
The main thing is to enjoy yourself. Without sounding like we are full of ourselves, we want a Polocini event to be about the community of cycling. It’s not a race, it’s a chance to enjoy a great route with like minded people, eat some decent grub and spend an entire day enjoying cycling.
Should you have any questions then please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com